I’ve been trying to get inspired for this webcomic sort of thing. I suppose this past week has been a downward spiral for me and others and strangely enough, Friday was a weird rock bottom for many in my amoebic circle and so, as we all know, there’s only one way to go after hitting and that’s up. I was tired of being uninspired and I think life has plenty of things to poke fun at. I was browsing wordpress and found SORROWBACON. Funnily enough, despite the differences in career and education choices, some of the author’s posts described exactly what I had been dealing with, and so it was just the swift kick in my arse which I needed. It’s not going to draw itself, after all. The author hit home on all the things I had been frustrated with – the dishes, drawing, writing, the works. She repeated everything D had said two days before as he tried to help me rise from the depths and escape from Cthulu’s tentacles.
For others who are just as frustrated, here is a list of things that I have struggled with. So you now know you’re not alone.
- Changing career paths to do what one loves.
- Giving up all that past experience to do something new.
- Worrying about the voice of the writing.
- Worrying about the perfection of the drawing.
- Instant effing gratification.
- Working hard to get it done and you’re the only one who’s going to do it, so just do it.
- Knowing the struggle of getting it done but it’s a dark tunnel of scary ideas that might succeed.
- Dishes and Laundry will always be there, just like a nemesis.
- Just put on the llama suit already and get to winking.
I found this old wacom drawing from 2010. Seems to fit perfectly.